Thursday, June 25, 2009

Surgery completed

Hi all.... after what seemed to be a very long hours yesterday, the surgery was completed successfully. Alhamdullilah. It took around 6 hours, from 9.00am to 3.00pm. Currently, my mom is still in the hospital but her condition is stable.

But before that, before my mom can talk and relax, she was really in pain. It’s difficult to see your mom groan because of the pain she couldn’t endure. It was a very sad view. All we can do was to hold her hands and asked her to be patient. Well, of course she can't bear the pain. No one can, since the pain killer was not functioning, AT ALL! Imagine, after you have gone thru an operation, after the doctor cut you and stitched you back, you were given a machine that suppose to supply you with the pain killer, but the machine was broken. My family was practically furious. How can they (the hospital) let this happen? They should’ve checked the condition of all equipments prior to the operation. To me, this is simply the incompetency of those that in charge. I know accidents happen, I know technical difficulties sometimes occur, but at that moment, I don’t care. Regardless of their explanations, my mom was in pain; she was groaning and almost crying, and she is too old to endure the pain. I can’t watch that. Nor did my other siblings. Something must be done, and quickly. But they were not quick enuf, which make us more furious. The doctor gave her one shot of pain killer around 7.00pm before the replacement machine came around 7.20pm. Finally, mom managed to relax and we were finally able to crack some jokes among ourselves to ease the stress atmosphere.

Well, despite all the horrific things, the most important thing is that my mom is now OK and hopefully, after she can finally leave the hospital, she can be in her best level of health.

InsyaAllah.

No comments: