Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My mom's surgery

Today, 1st Rajab, to me is not only a fasting day (since I'm not fasting today...totally slipped my mind and i just had a cup of coffee), but is also a very important day of my life. My mom is in the surgery room as I write this entry, going thru her second surgery in 4 years time. She had her first surgery back in 2006, and for the past 2 months she's having an unbearable back pain. So after the MRI, the doc advised that the surgery is the only way.

The needs of going thru this surgery is mainly due to the nerve problem. She can walk, she can lie down, but she can't sit for more than 5 minutes. According to the doc, the pain is mainly due to the nerve being caught between the joints...so the tissue within the joins has to be scrapped a bit to free the trapped nerve. (The actual terms that the doc used were far more technical.)
So I hope everything goes well. I can’t really concentrate on my work right now. All I can do is to pray hard so that the surgery will be successful and my mom can enjoy her meals while sitting on her chair like everybody else. Amin…amin… ya rabbal ‘alamin…..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

she should be okay.. have faith.. amin..