Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Philips 42" LCD Screen TV

Saturday....
I went to watch G.I. Joe with my husband. I personally like it. I'd rate the movie 4 out of 5. I dont mind watching it again....so maybe i'll take the kids to watch it this week....definitely before puasa.

Then....i went to kota damansara, to my bro's place. he held a housewarming and also celebrating his anniversary. I brought some puddings for them. His place is very nice....the balcony looks like one in fary tales with bunnies and cute fence. And....they have swimming pool nearby. Tak aci!

Around 6pm.... this was when i considered the best part of the day. we went to get our new 42 inch LCD screen TV. wohoooo! My husband and i spent around 1 hour to decide which brand we should go for. he obviously favored sony bravia, but i always think that sony is overated. so we asked the saleman. he spelled out some of the features for philips... dual layer, screen protector, but of all features... he got me at the feature that other LCD TVs dont have (at least thats wat he told us).... the ability to play files straight from the thumbdrive....i.e if u have mp3s, or avi or photos in your thumbdrive, u can plug it in and play them straight away on your TV screen. wow. that means i dont have to burn my movie collection into dvds. I can watch them from my harddisk. if thats not the coolest feature one can imagine....i dont know what is. yeah... i know u can always imagine of the craziest feature like the 'invisibility mode' or 'transformable into a briefcase' as the coolest features....but that can only happen in 'Harry Potter and the LCD screen TV' or 'Transformers, the rise of the LCD screen TV'.

BTW.... by comparing the features, this TV is better than SONY bravia, no offense. ngeheee
this is it... http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/sg/consumer/cc/_productid_42PFL5609_98_SG_CONSUMER/LCD-TV+42PFL5609-98

But..... i never imagine that having a good quality TV can add more frustration to myself. This tv is suitable for HD content, and as u all know, we dont have HD content here in msia. even ASTRO dont have them. so when i watch ASTRO, the display become all jagged. the salesman said that we need to use the gold plated S-video cable to improve the display...and yes we bought one of those. the quality improve by 20% and thats that. still jagged. we also bought the component cable for the dvd player, improves the quality by 25%. the cables themselves cost us almost RM300.

i guess we can only get the satisfying quality by having PS3 or blu-ray players where we can use the HDMI cable. aint gonna happen in my near future... ~sigh~

No comments: